SUSE OpenStack Cloud 6.0 NoMethodError: undefined method `' for nil:NilClass after removing a node from cluster.
This document (7017620) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
NoMethodError: undefined method `' for nil:NilClass
1. Get full node name for the node removed:
2. Get role name for the node from role list:knife node list
3. Obtain the node role from the output, for exampleknife node show <full node name>
4. Remove obsolete roles from "run_list":crowbar-<mac address_cloud6_example_com
knife role edit <role>
Which roles need to be removed depend on the cluster type."chef_type": "role","run_list": [..."role[glance-server]",...
For example 'Pacemaker' roles would be already removed, but e.g. for controller there could also be e.g. cinder, glance, nova which need to be removed manually.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7017620
- Creation Date:20-MAY-16
- Modified Date:14-NOV-17
- NovellSUSE OpenStack Cloud