Browsing to the Studio Onsite server fails after installation of the image.
This document (7014707) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Network with no DHCP server access
During this process it requires some information from a DHCP server about the local network. If a DHCP server cannot be found then the following problems happen:
1. The server certificate will not be created.
2. Ownership of files and directories under /studio-data/studio will be set to root rather than wwwrun:www.
chown -R wwwrun:www /studio-data/studio
2. Setup the network configuration using 'yast network'. Make sure to include the proper hostname and dns configuration. Verify network connectivity when done.
3. Verify the hostname is setup correctly by running this command:
It should return the name of of the server. If it does not then go back to step 2 and make sure the network is configured properly with the hostname entered in the IP Address configuration and in the DNS/Hostname configuration.
4. Recreate the server certificate by running this command:
5. With the new certificate in place the apache2 server should start with no problem:
6. Try to browse to the server. It should now work.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014707
- Creation Date:06-MAR-14
- Modified Date:12-MAR-14
- SUSESUSE Studio