Performing a SLE migration using a custom migration repository and the Yast wagon upgrade
This document (7011872) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 2
Performing the YaST wagon upgrade will normally add the online SP2 repositories only after installing the migration products from SLE11 SP2, so adding a local installation repository before the YaST wagon upgrade takes place will confuse the solver, and makes the upgrade to fail.
The following steps assume a SLE11 SP1 system with all the latest updates applied.
- Add your local SP2 repository, and than disable it (this will ensure the SP2 packages will not
be visible, so they do not confuse wagon at start), leave SP1-Pool and SP1-Updates repos enabled.
- Run "yast2 wagon".
- Just press "Next" until "Update Method" dialog is displayed.
- Switch the radio button from "Customer Center" to "Custom URL", press "Next".
- In the following dialog, enable the added SP2 repository again (select it, check the "Enabled" check box below the table), and press "OK".
- Select the migration repositories (just select the enabled SP2 repository, and deselect all other repositories).
- The migration proposal is displayed, verify everything looks good, and shows no warnings, then press "Next" to start the migration.
- Wait until the system is migrated to SP2.
- After YaST has restarted, continue with the registration steps to register the freshly installed SP2 product.
- The migration has now finished, you can now optionally install available SP2-Updates.
NOTE: For updating more machines, the suggestion would be to use a local update server such as provided by the SUSE Subscription Management Tool (SMT), which mirrors NCC repositories to a local server.
That way there is no need to to configure any manual steps for the YaST wagon upgrade...
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7011872
- Creation Date:04-MAR-13
- Modified Date:04-MAR-13
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Server