Postfix is unable to start
This document (7007535) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Starting the Postfix service on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) fails
- Go to /etc/postfix and open the file main.cf
- Edit the file and search for parameter inet_interfaces
- Check to see if an IPv6 address is listed. Remove ;;1 from the last of the line.
- The entry should be "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" (without quotes)
In addition to the fix listed above, check the /var/log/mail file for errors that are reported when starting Postfix fails.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7007535
- Creation Date:11-JAN-11
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search