XEN: Howto manually edit configuration for DomU's
This document (7002588) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
method 1: Use /etc/xen/vm installation files
- Go to /etc/xen/vm
- Locate the line that you need to edit.
- Save the file
method 2: use /etc/xen/vm installation files for managed domU's
This method should be used for DomU's that are managed (i.e. started and stopped using xm commands, Virt-Manager or YaST) and have not had their configuration edited since the installation using xm commands, Virt-Manager or YaST.
- Follow method 1
- Import the new filexm new -f sles10
- Start the Xen VMxm start sles10
- Export the Python configuration for the Xen DomUxm list -l SLES10 > sles10.py
- Save a backup of the file Inca's something goes wrong
- Open sles10.py for editing
- Edit or add desired setting
- Save and close the file
- Import the new filexm new -F sles10.py
- Start the Xen guestxm start sles10
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7002588
- Creation Date:08-FEB-09
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search