Xen boot problems when the network manager is enabled
This document (3588210) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 Service Pack 1
- Dom0 may not boot at all
- Dom0 may hang during boot at the network portion
- Networking for Dom0 or DomU's may be affected negatively
- A static IP address must be assigned to Dom0
- Network manager must be disabled
- The hardware needs to be "Yes Certified"
- Open /etc/sysconfig/network/config for editing
- Find the following line:networkmanager="yes"
- Change it to:networkmanager="no"
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3588210
- Creation Date:02-JAN-08
- Modified Date:08-NOV-12
- NovellOpen Enterprise Server
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise DesktopSUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time Extension