Unable to set correct display resolution on Dell 600 Laptop
This document (3392356) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
This can be done with the following steps:
1. Logout and restart the laptop
2. On the grub screen enter 'init 3' (without the ') on the boot options line
3. When the login prompt appears login as root
4. Enter 'sax2 -r -m 0=radeon10b' (without the ' and using a zero and not the letter O for the 0=)
5. Configure the resolution as normal.
It is suggested that the updated configuration be tested before being saved to ensure proper functionality.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3392356
- Creation Date:14-AUG-06
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search