How To Setup An Update Server On SLES 9 for SLES 8
This document (3209113) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 9
YaST Online Update (YOU) server
- Load YAST > SOFTWARE > YOU SERVER CONFIGURATION
- Click ADD on the configuration screen.
- Product Name MUST BE SuSE-SLES (case sensitive).
- Version MUST BE "8" without the quotes.
- Authenticate as normal and click OK.
- Repeat steps 2-5 and add another product called "UnitedLinux" without quotes.
- Version MUST BE "1.0" without the quotes.
- Allow the sync to complete.
When adding new products for an installation server the PRODUCT NAME can be found at https://you.novell.com/update/
Failure to list the PRODUCT NAME and VERSION correctly will cause a failure during the YOU Server setup.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3209113
- Creation Date:28-MAR-07
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search