SLED 10 : Power off fails on a laptop when shutting down the system
This document (3067545) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
- Edit the /boot/grub/menu.1st file.
- Locate the line beginning with "title" that uses your default boot system, e.g. "SUSE Linux Desktop 10".
- On the indented lines below that, there will be a "kernel" line. Scroll to the end of this line.
- Add " noacpi", e.g. the full line in the example resulted
kernel /boot.vmlinuz root=/dev/sda5 vga=0x314 resume=/dev/sda2 splash=silent showopts noacpi
- Reboot the laptop.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3067545
- Creation Date:21-JUL-06
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search