SLED10 : Setting up Printers
This document (3058875) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
The general method for accessing the printers :
- Click on "Computer" at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on "Control Center".
- In the "Hardware" section, click on "Printers".
- Double click on "New Printer".
- If you are prompted for the root password, provide this.
- Follow the wizard for the specific printer that is being set up.
- Open the web browser.
- Point it to the iPrint server (e.g. https://printertest.novell.com/ipp).
- Click to install the iPrint client, and save the RPM.
- "su" to root.
- Install the RPM package using "rpm -i
- Restart the web browser. This forces FireFox to reload any plug ins, including the new iPrint package.
- Point the web browser back to the iPrint server page (the same
page used in step 2).
- Click to install the printer itself.
# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.23Each printer added should be listed in this file.
# Written by cupsd on Wed Aug 9 12:41:39 2006
< DefaultPrinter hp4100n-1>
JobSheets none none
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3058875
- Creation Date:09-AUG-06
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search