Hyperlinks to local file system are handled incorrectly when opening a MS Word document
This document (3056579) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
This broke the hyperlink itself and cause the browser to start instead of the original pointed file to open.
This issue affects both OpenOffice.org for Linux and for Windows.
- Create a document using MS Word (Tested with MS Word 2002(10.5815.4219) SP-2;
- In the Word Document insert an Hyperlink pointing to another MS Word document located in the same folder on the local file system;
- Save and close the document;
- Open the same MS Word document using Open Office 220.127.116.11.5;
- Move the mouse on the hyperlink;
- You'll notice that "HTTP://" has been added before the file name;
- The hyperlink is being considered as an internet link instead of a local file system link;
- Use CTRL + Left Click on the Hyperlink and the local browser will start instead of the originally pointed document to open up.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3056579
- Creation Date:03-APR-08
- Modified Date:26-APR-12
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search