OS becomes unresponsive when Intel E810 NICs are added to a bond
This document (000020969) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
1. System is rebooted
2. A slave interface is removed from the bond device
3. A netdev_unregister event is generated for any other NIC in the system
A work around is not available if bonding was already created.
If the OS becomes hung, system may have to be reset.
Once reset, the following steps will help to avoid the issue on next reboot:
1. Boot into single user mode
2. cd to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
3. Delete the ifcfg-* files related to bonding.
4. Boot into multi user mode
5. Install maintenance update kernel version: 5.14.21-150400.24.33 or later.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020969
- Creation Date: 08-Feb-2023
- Modified Date:08-Feb-2023
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com