HANA DB resource failed to start
This document (000020948) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12
1. Enable cluster maintenance mode
# crm maintenance on
2. In case the cluster reports an error due to failure to start, then "cleanup" any failures before disabling the cluster maintenance mode. This will avoid restarting the HANA DB by the cluster
# crm resource cleanup
# crm config edit
primitive rsc_HA0_HDB00 ocf:suse:SAPHana \ op start interval=0 timeout=3600 \ op stop interval=0 timeout=3600 \
primitive rsc_HA0_HDB00 ocf:suse:SAPHana \ op start interval=0 timeout=7200 \ op stop interval=0 timeout=7200 \
4. Disable cluster maintenance mode
# crm maintenance off
The below errors will be reported in the logs, which show the start operation for the HANA DB resource for this node ended with the failed status due to time out.
pacemaker-execd[xxx]: warning: rsc_HA0_HDB00_start_0 process (PID xxx) timed out pacemaker-execd[xxx]: warning: rsc_HA0_HDB00_start_0:xxx - timed out after 3600000ms pacemaker-execd[xxx]: notice: finished - rsc:rsc_HA0_HDB00 action:start call_id:25 pid:xxx exit-code:1 exec-time:3604053ms queue-time:0ms pacemaker-controld[xxx]: error: Result of start operation for rsc_HA0_HDB00 on xxx: Timed Out
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020948
- Creation Date: 05-Feb-2023
- Modified Date:01-Mar-2023
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com