Reset the "admin" user password
This document (000020787) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
The admin password is the key to administering the NeuVector deployment and viewing the cluster network activities. It is important to change the password upon installation and keep it safely guarded. Sometimes, the password is guarded too well and gets lost or the administrator leaves the company. If you have kubectl access to the cluster, you can reset the admin password to the default using the following steps.
- Execute into one of the controller pods
kubectl exec -it <controller_pod> -n neuvector -- sh
- Check if admin entry exists and saved the output JSON somewhere for safekeeping. (If the entry does not exist, please stop and consult with NeuVector Support.)
consul kv get object/config/user/admin
- Take the output from above consul k get command and replace the password_hash string with below string
Reset the admin account password back to the default. (REPLACE <UPDATED_consul_kv_get_output_with_new_password_hash> BEFORE EXECUTION!!!)
consul kv put object/config/user/admin '<UPDATED_consul_kv_get_output_with_new_password_hash>'
The below message gets returned upon successful update.
- Success! Data written to: object/config/user/admin
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020787
- Creation Date: 26-Sep-2022
- Modified Date:26-Sep-2022
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com