Updating SLE 15 SP3 to SLE 15 SP4 fails due to libyaml-cpp0_6
This document (000020725) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
openSUSE Leap 15.3
zypper: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libzypp.so.1722: undefined symbol: _ZN4YAML6detail9node_data12empty_scalarB5cxx11E
In this case, zypper and the YaST package management does not work, and installation of the fix in a standard way not possible.
sudo rpm -Uhv https://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.4/sle/x86_64/\ libyaml-cpp0_6-0.6.3-150400.4.3.1.x86_64.rpm
Then continue in a standard way.
- If system not running on x86_64, replace x86_64 by correct platform type.
- If the URL above does not work, go to https://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.4/sle/ and find the latest release of libyaml-cpp0_6-0.6.3 matching running platform.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020725
- Creation Date: 13-Sep-2022
- Modified Date:13-Sep-2022
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com