Removing the global system-default-registry value
This document (000020658) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Cluster must have at least one etcd plane host: failed to connect to the following etcd host(s) [IP Address]
If the value for the global system-default-registry was removed first and the downstream cluster is in an error state, the following should resolve the issue:
- From the Rancher (local) management cluster edit each of the control plane/etcd nodes in the downstream cluster with the following command:
kubectl edit node.management.cattle.io -n <clusterID> <machineID>
- Locate the nodePlan field, to find the image field and append the proper registry to the start of the value
- Update the cluster-level private registry
Cluster-level registry: https://rancher.com/docs/rancher/v2.6/en/cluster-admin/editing-clusters/rke-config-reference/#private-registries
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020658
- Creation Date: 11-Nov-2022
- Modified Date:17-Mar-2023
- SUSE Rancher
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com