How to make a VPN connection to your SUSE Rancher Hosted network?
This document (000020562) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
It's normally preferred to connect SUSE Rancher Hosted with your network using VPC peering through an AWS transit gateway. This is the most cost-effective, secure, and manageable solution. However, if this is not an option, a VPN connection can be established between your corporate network and SUSE Rancher Hosted through an IPSec VPN tunnel. The following steps are required to set this up:
- Provide the SUSE Rancher Hosted team with the following information about your VPN device:
- Public IP address for your VPN endpoint
- Routing option: a) static (no BGP support) or b) dynamic (BGP support)
- BGP ASN (only if dynamic routing)
- VPN device make and model used on-premise that we'll be connecting to.
- The SUSE Rancher Hosted team will configure the VPN connection and provide configuration information based on the VPN device
- Customer will configure their VPN device to connect to SUSE Rancher Hosted's network.
See also AWS Site-to-Site VPN User Guide.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020562
- Creation Date: 25-Jan-2022
- Modified Date:25-Jan-2022
- SUSE Rancher
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org