[Rancher] What is "Full Support" vs "Limited Support"?
This document (000020435) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
"Full Support" is the support phase when a product is between its GA (General Availability) and End of Maintenance (EOM) milestones. Support entails general troubleshooting of a specific issue to isolate potential causes. Issue resolution is pursued through one or more of the following:
- Applying configuration changes
- Upgrade recommendation to an existing newer version of the product
- Code-level maintenance in the form of product updates; typically, results in a maintenance release, which is a newer version of the product that was not existing at the time the issue was encountered
"Limited Support" is the support phase when a product is between its EOM and End of Life (EOL) milestones. During this phase, no further code-level maintenance will be provided, except for critical security-related fixes. Product will continue to be supported in a limited manner in the form of:
- General troubleshooting of a specific issue to isolate potential causes
- Issue resolution is limited to applying configuration changes and/or an upgrade recommendation to an existing newer version of product
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020435
- Creation Date: 09-Nov-2021
- Modified Date:09-Nov-2021
- SUSE Rancher
- SUSE Rancher Longhorn
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org