During the upgrade to SES 7 the "upgrade.status" module is reported as being unavailable
This document (000020414) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
'upgrade.status' is not available.
There is an updated version of this RPM in the SES 7 repositories, now however for "ceph-salt". Since "ceph-salt" can not be installed along with "deepsea", the resolver removes "deepsea" and instead installs "ceph-salt" due to the updated pattern. The removal of "deepsea" and the installation of "ceph-salt" should however only happen manually later during the upgrade procedure as described in the "Installing ceph-salt and applying the cluster configuration" section of the online documentation.
To temporarily remove "ceph-salt" and install "deepsea" take the following steps;
- Download the deepsea RPM via SCC, from within SCC go to "Packages > SUSE Linux Enterprise Server > 15 SP1 > $architecture > Enter "deepsea" > select the latest version > Download.
- Remove ceph-salt: "zypper rm ceph-salt"
- Install deepsea from the downloaded RPM: "rpm -ivh deepsea"
- Optional, sync salt modules to all minions: "salt '*' saltutil.sync_all"
Continue with the upgrade procedure, and then normally remove "deepsea" and again install "ceph-salt" when the appropriate stage of the upgrade procedure is reached.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020414
- Creation Date: 25-Oct-2021
- Modified Date:25-Oct-2021
- SUSE Enterprise Storage
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com