Letsencrypt certificate reported expired starting October 1st 2021
This document (000020401) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- The lowest level trust root of letsencrypt, the "DST_Root_CA_X3", has expired on September 30th 2021.
- An intermediate CA "ISRG Root X1" which expires 2035 should now be the final root of trust.
- The letsencrypt setup returns both in a chain already ensuring that both are looked at and honored.
- openssl 1.0.2 and older did not handle this situation correctly, and would report the expired status
- This has been caused by the expiry of DST_Root_CA_X3 only.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020401
- Creation Date: 30-Sep-2021
- Modified Date:30-Sep-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org