Using "lspci" in rules.xml script does not work (SLES 15 SP2->SP3 regression)
This document (000020376) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- By default, lspci uses the /usr/share/pci.ids file to determine class and device names.
- The /usr/share/pci.ids file is a link to /usr/share/pci.ids.d/pci.ids.dist
- But at the time that an autoyast rules.xml script runs, the /usr/share/pci.ids->/usr/share/pci.ids.d/pci.ids.dist link does not exist.
- So if a rules.xml script calls “lspci” and relies on the output containing class or device names, it will fail.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000020376
- Creation Date: 01-Sep-2021
- Modified Date:01-Sep-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org