libvirt migration fail with "Attempt to migrate guest to the same host"
This document (000019797) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2
"error: internal error: Attempt to migrate guest to the same host".An example would be:
kvm01:~ # virsh --connect=qemu:///system migrate --live --tunnelled --p2p VM01 qemu+ssh://kvm02/system error: internal error: Attempt to migrate guest to the same host kvm02
- Check that both nodes have unique UUID by running:
virsh sysinfo | grep uuid ; host_uuid could be used in /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
- Make sure that system resolve the hostname correctly. Check /etc/hosts and DNS server for duplicated records.
- Both nodes have the same UUID.
- DNS resolution problem.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000019797
- Creation Date: 26-Nov-2020
- Modified Date:03-Dec-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com