Unable to start sshd.service
This document (000019770) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
The following will be displayed:
Error : Failed to start OpenSSH Deamon
If this works all good. If not then follow the below
2. If "sshd -t" returns the below error follow step 3.
Error : /var/lib/empty must be owned by root and not group or world-writable
3. Please follow the below commands to change the file permissions for /var/lib/empty and /var/lib/empty/sshd
chmod 755 /var/lib/empty/sshd chmod 755 /var/lib/empty systemctl restart ssh
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000019770
- Creation Date: 09-Nov-2020
- Modified Date:10-Nov-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com