After updating python-pyOpenSSL spacecmd and API calls are not able to connect to the server
This document (000019664) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP4
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP5
SUSE Manager 3.2
The error will be:
ERROR: Failed to connect to https://localhost/rpc/api
Note: The use of https is recommended. When using http the password is sent in clear text.
Depending on the configuration there can be 2 possible solutions:
- The hostname used is not the same as used in the certificate. Often used are the IP-address of the server, localhost, or a CNAME created to access the SUSE Manager Server. In this case, use the FQDN hostname of the SUSE Manager Server (even when the command is being executed on the SUSE Manager Server.
- If this command is not executed on the SUSE Manager server. Please add the certificate to this server:
cp /srv/www/htdocs/pub/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT /etc/pki/trust/anchors
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:000019664
- Creation Date: 13-Jan-2021
- Modified Date:13-Jan-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Manager for Retail
- SUSE Manager Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com