Activation of multiple namespaces simultaneously may lead to an activation failure
This document (7024333) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Unable to create mapping for hot added memory <address-start>..<address-end>: -1
dax_pmem: probe of dax1.5 failed with error -14
1. Instead of activating all the namespaces simultaneously using the command "ndctl enable-namespace all", activate them individually. The following command can be used to activate namespaces individually:
ndctl enable-namespace namespace0.1 ; ndctl enable-namespace namespace0.2 ...
2. Activation of namespaces should be done early in the kernel boot cycle so that enough free slots for namespace bolted entries are available in the lpar hash page table.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7024333
- Creation Date: 10-Dec-2019
- Modified Date:13-May-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com