GNOME3 auto-mounts removable media when that is not the desired behavior
This document (7021179) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Service Pack 2 (SLES 12 SP2)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12
Method A (GUI based): Use GTK-based "dconf Editor" to change this setting.
1. If not already present, install the dconf-editor:
hostname:~ # zypper in dconf-editor2. Select the "Applications" menu > "System Tools" and select the dconf Editor.
3. Navigate to org > gnome > desktop > media-handling and select the "automount" setting.
4. Make sure "Use default value" is set to "Off" and "Custom value" is set to "False".
Method B (command-line based): Use gsettings command-line tool to change this setting.
1. First, check the value of the automount setting:
hostname:~ # gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount2. If automount is set to "true" switch the value to "false":
hostname:~ # gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount false
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7021179
- Creation Date: 03-Aug-2017
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com