Calamari web interface not functioning properly, complete re-installation steps.
This document (7018382) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Enterprise Storage 4
A. To uninstall, on the Admin / Calamari node take the following steps:
- sudo systemctl stop cthulhu.service
- sudo systemctl stop apache2.service
- sudo systemctl stop postgresql.service
- sudo systemctl stop carbon-cache.service
- sudo rm -rf /etc/calamari/
- sudo rm -rf /etc/salt/
- sudo rm -rf /etc/graphite/
- sudo rm -rf /var/*/salt/ (It may be needed to run this command twice)
- sudo rm -rf /var/lib/graphite/
- sudo rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql/ (Ignore the message "device or resource busy" if returned)
- sudo rm -rf /var/lib/carbon/
- sudo zypper rm -n apache2 apache2-mod_wsgi apache2-prefork calamari-server graphite-web postgresql94-server romana salt-master python-carbon
- Select "Y" to continue when prompted that the above packages and the "ceph_calamari" pattern will be REMOVED.
On each of the Ceph nodes / Calamari clients execute:
- sudo systemctl stop salt-minion
- sudo zypper -n rm salt-minion
- sudo rm /etc/salt/pki/minion/minion_master.pub
B. After removal to re-install first on the Admin / Calamari node execute:
- sudo zypper in romana
- sudo calamari-ctl initialize
- sudo ceph-deploy --overwrite-conf admin mon1 mon2 mon3 ...
- Open a web browser, enter the IP address of the Calamari node and after logging in a prompt will request to execute: sudo ceph-deploy calamari connect --master master_host node1 node2 ...
- Reload or refresh the web interface, login and verify everything is working after clicking the "ADD" button to add all the hosts listed under "Hosts Requesting to Be Managed By Calamari".
For more information see the installation steps for Calamari in the SUSE Enterprise Storage 4 online documentation.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7018382
- Creation Date: 12-Dec-2016
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Enterprise Storage
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com