YaST firstboot hangs when trying to install clone
This document (7017088) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
The kernel command line includes: splash=silent and quiet
The /etc/YaST2/firstboot.xml and /var/lib/YaST2/reconfig_system are present.
1. Reconfigure the master machine by going into rescue mode
2. Mount the root partition and remove the var/lib/YaST2/reconfig_system file
3. Reboot the master machine normally.
4. Edit the /etc/default/grub file
5. Remove all splash=silent entries and save the file.
6. Run 'grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg'
7. Run 'touch /var/lib/YaST2/reconfig_system'
8. Power off the master machine and reclone the disk for installation use.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7017088
- Creation Date: 17-Dec-2015
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com