NTP server does not resolve host names
This document (7016873) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1
- The ntp server ntpd does not synchronize with its peers anymore and the peers are specified by their host name in /etc/ntp.conf
- The output of ntpq --peers lists IP numbers of the remote servers instead of their host names
Name resolution for the affected hosts works otherwise.
NTPD_RUN_CHROOTED="no"in /etc/sysconfig/ntp and restart the service with
SLES 11 --> rcntp restart
SLES 12 --> systemctl restart ntpd
ntp documentation Section 220.127.116.11.5.3
SLES12 SP1 - release notes
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7016873
- Creation Date: 30-Sep-2015
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com