Installing or upgrading SMT to SLES 11 SP4.
This document (7016802) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 4 (SLES 11 SP4)
Subscription Management Tool 11 Service Pack 3 (SMT11-SP3)
Questions such as :
- Will there also be a separate SMT11 SP4 release ?
- Is it supported to install SMT 11 SP3 on top of SLES 11 SP4 ?
- Is it possible to upgrade my SLES 11 SP3 server running with SMT11-SP3 to SLES 11 SP4 ?
- No, Product Management has decided that there will be no SMT11-SP4.
- Yes, it is fully supported to install SMT11-SP3 on SLES 11 SP4. It is our advice and recommendation however to download the remastered SMT11-SP3 ISO from download.suse.com before doing so.
- Yes, it is fully supported to upgrade a SLES 11 SP3 server running SMT11-SP3 to SLES 11 SP4 with the following caveat: it is necessary to first apply all the updates to SMT11-SP3, and only then continue the upgrade of SLES11 SP3 to SLES11 SP4.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7016802
- Creation Date: 28-Aug-2015
- Modified Date:28-Sep-2022
- Subscription Management Tool
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com