LVM symbolic links /dev/$VGNAME/$LVNAME unavailable in SLE11SP3 rescue system
This document (7014112) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 Service Pack 3
Rescue:~ # mount /dev/system/root /mnt
mount: special device /dev/system/root does not exist
- Instead of /dev/$VGNAME/$LVNAME please use the devices available in /dev/mapper/$VGNAME-$LVNAME (e.g. /dev/mapper/system-root).
- Run the vgmknodes command which will create the necessary links in /dev
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7014112
- Creation Date: 14-Nov-2013
- Modified Date:12-Oct-2022
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com