Unable to start apache (98)Address already in use
This document (7012915) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Starting httpd2 (prefork) (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs
startproc: exit status of parent of /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork: 1
- Edit /etc/apache2/listen.conf
- Remove any duplicate entries such as:
- Save and close the file.
- Nothing else listening on specified port:
netstat -peanut | grep :443
- No ghost process running of apache:
ps aux | grep -e apache -e http
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012915
- Creation Date: 20-Jul-2013
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com