Unattended Upgrade to SLES11 Reinstalls Server
This document (7010965) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 2 (SLES)
Even though the server was upgraded using the autoyast autoupg.xml control file, the server was still reinstalled instead of being upgraded.
1. Insert the SLES11 SP2 DVD into your SLES10 SP4 server.
2. Boot from the DVD and select "Installation"
3. The cursor is already in the "Boot Options" window.
4. Make sure you include the autoupgrade=1 parameter in the Boot Options window to start the unattended upgrade process.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7010965
- Creation Date: 19-Oct-2012
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org