Unable to install a new DomU and on boot automatic start of DomU is delayed
This document (7010688) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 2
DomU's that should start on boot, are starting delayed (60 seconds).
It is not possible to create a new DomU with vm-install or using YaST(2).
When creating a new DomU the following is found in the /var/log/xen/xend.log:
[2012-08-21 16:16:33 11373] ERROR (XendDomainInfo:2624) (12, 'Cannot allocate
The following 130nm and 90nm (DDR1-only) AMD processors are subject of this problem:
- First-generation AMD-Opteron(tm) single and dual core processors in either 939 or 940 packages:
- AMD Opteron(tm) 100-Series Processors
- AMD Opteron(tm) 200-Series Processors
- AMD Opteron(tm) 800-Series Processors
- AMD Athlon(tm) processors in either 754, 939 or 940 packages
- AMD Sempron(tm) processor in either 754 or 939 packages
- AMD Turion(tm) Mobile Technology in 754 package
The automatic start from DomU's during boot is not prevented, but delayed for 60 seconds. Manually started DomU's are not affected by this update.
- CVE-2012-2934 Report a denial of service issue on old, pre-SVM
AMD CPUs (AMD Erratum 121).
AMD Erratum #121 is described in "Revision Guide for AMD Athlon 64 and AMD Opteron Processors":
- TID: 5143795
(Release notes from the xen update)
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7010688
- Creation Date: 27-Aug-2012
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org