Issues with SMT version 1.1.22
This document (7009639) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Subscription Management Tool (SMT) for SUSE Linux Enterprise 11
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 1
56 Failure when receiving data from the peer
Failed to POST 'https://secure-www.novell.com/center/regsvc/?command=regdata&lang=en-US&version=1.0': [secure-www.novell.com] 500 CURL ERROR(56) Failure when receiving data from the peer
* The smt job functionality does not work any more. smt-agent executes the first available job, but when trying to update the job status on the SMT server the following message is seen:
ERROR: Unable to update job: 404 Not Found
warning: job 25 exited with 255. stdout: 'Use of uninitialized value $stdout2 in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/SMT/bin/job/update line 58. Use of uninitialized value $stderr2 in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/SMT/bin/job/update line 59. Error: Unable to update job: 404 Not Found
* It is not possible to get SLES11-SP1 clients into "up to date" state from an smt-client perspective. They stay in "Updates available"
On systems which are registered against the SMT server update the smt-client package to version 0.0.15-0.3.1 or higher.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7009639
- Creation Date: 26-Oct-2011
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- Subscription Management Tool
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com