After updating SLES11-SP1 no longer able to login - displays "error in service module"
This document (7008851) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Reboot server.
- At the boot parameter line of the grub menu enter the number 3 to boot into multi-user mode.
- Login as root user.
- Backrev the pam-modules package:
- To return to the gui enter the following:
zypper in pam-modules-11-1.6.15
Select option 1 to downgrade
init 5 && exit
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7008851
- Creation Date: 20-Jun-2011
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org