SLED 11; Gnome; Change "Open In Terminal" to SLED 10 type functionality
This document (7007486) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
In SLED 11 the right click context menu has an entry "open in terminal", which by default opens a gnome-terminal to the ~/Desktop directory of the user your logged in as.
This can be very frustrating for users of SLED 11 who are used to the old functionality of SLED 10.
- Open gconf-editor
- Scroll down the left pane until you see nautilus-open-terminal and then click on it
- On the right pane you will see two options "desktop_opens_home_dir" and "display_mc_item". Make sure "desktop_opens_home_dir" is checked and "display_mc_item" is unchecked.
- Close gconf-editor
- Logoff current user
- Login again and notice your right click context menu is now back to the SLED 10 functionality your used to.
If you have a need to change this setting globally for all users then execute the following from the command line. You can also use this in a script for AutoYaST if your doing installs for several machines that need this setting.
gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults --set /apps/nautilus-open-terminal/desktop_opens_home_dir --type bool true
gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults --set /apps/nautilus-open-terminal/display_mc_item --type bool false
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7007486
- Creation Date: 05-Jan-2011
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org