Restoring UEFI boot entries on SLES11 SP1
This document (7006718) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
UEFI boot entries on SLES11 can accidentally be lost. This can happen, for example, by loading the UEFI firmware default settings after installing SLES. If this occurs SLES will not boot automatically.
Take the following steps to restore the UEFI boot entries:
1. Enter the system UEFI menu as the system is starting up.
2. Go through the UEFI boot manager menu to select the elilo.efi file to boot from.
3. After SLES boots up, open a terminal, type 'yast2 bootloader' and press 'OK.' This will restore the UEFI boot entries.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7006718
- Creation Date: 24-Aug-2010
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com