unable to login as root when network is not available
This document (7005150) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 2
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 3
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
Due to problem with NIC no network is available
There are 3 possible solutions:
- Prevent the network problem. Be sure that the selected NIC driver works before configuring NIS.
- In /etc/login.defs change the
- In /etc/pam.d/common-session
add the following as the first line:
session [default=ignore success=1] pam_succeed_if.so quiet uid eq 0
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7005150
- Creation Date: 14-Jan-2010
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org