Saving a copy of a print job in the spool location using LPRNG
This document (7004689) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Saving print jobs to a file
Maintain a copy of all printouts
1. Open the /etc/lpd.conf file in your preferred editor.
2. Add "save_when_done" on a line by itself
3. Restart the lprng service (/etc/init.d/lprng restart)
All print jobs will still be printed as normal, and the source files will not be removed when the job completes.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7004689
- Creation Date: 19-Oct-2009
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org