Migrating from YUP to SMT
This document (7000848) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 Software Development Kit (SLE SDK 10)
Subscription Management Tool
- Complete the installation of SMT.
- Enable the catalogs to be mirrored with SMT – e.g. :
smt-catalogs -e SLES10-SP2-Online sles-10-i586
smt-catalogs -e SLES10-SP2-Updates sles-10-i586
- Perform a dry-run of smt-mirror to get the repo directories
smt-mirror -d --dryrun -L /var/log/smt-mirror.log
This will - using the two catalogs above and if using the default MirrorTo - create:
- Now you can copy over the repositories from your YUP repository to the SMT repository
- e.g. :
cp -va /SLE10_YUP/SLES10-SP2-Online/* \ /srv/www/htdocs/repo/\$RCE/SLES10-SP2-Online/
cp -va /SLE10_YUP/SLES10-SP2-Updates/* \ /srv/www/htdocs/repo/\$RCE/SLES10-SP2-Updates/
- Perform a normal run of "smt-mirror" in order to get the repodata fixed up:
smt-mirror -d -L /var/log/smt-mirror.log
This will show errors like
“repomd.xml is the same, but repo is not valid. Start mirroring.”
Please note, that some of the RPMs that have been mirrored with YUP may get overwritten, but reusing previously downloaded catalogs will saves quite some time during the initial mirroring anyway.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000848
- Creation Date: 04-Jul-2008
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- Subscription Management Tool
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org