During upgrade of SLES/SLED 10 to a new Service Pack the zmd daemon is installed and activated
This document (7000748) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
The reason for this is, that suse_register requires zmd to run during the migration (you get registered in order to have access to new update-catalogs for your service pack). Therefore zmd is automatically installed and activated during the upgrade even if it was deinstalled previously.
- You can't use rug nor zen-updater/-installer/-remover, because these depend on zmd. Use YaST to manage software.
- You will loose the syncronization of update sources and of patch-level information with the Novell Customer Center (NCC).
chkconfig -d novell-zmd
Also you have to deactivate the suse_register call during boottime:
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7000748
- Creation Date: 25-Jun-2008
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org