How to change the global file association in GNOME on SLED 10?
This document (3971970) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
- Open the Nautilus file browser by double clicking on the the
users home folder located on the desktop.
- Locate the file in question, then right click on the file and
- Select the Open With
tab. If you don't see the application you are looking for then you
can add it by clicking on the Add button. It is also important to
note that everything in this list will also show up under the "Open
With" menu with you right click on a file.
- In this example the Gimp application is already there so
choosing the radio button next to the application will change it to
the default. Now any time that a .png file is double clicked on it
will open up using Gimp as the default application rather than Eye
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3971970
- Creation Date: 28-Dec-2006
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org