Possible data corruption when running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 as a guest on z/VM 5.2 or 5.3
This document (3747810) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 for IBM zSeries
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 for IBM zSeries
IBM z/VM 5.2
IBM z/VM 5.3
- A Linux guest has guest memory above the 2GB boundary attached.
- The Linux guest uses FCP I/O, or OSA networking in QDIO mode.
- FCP or OSA adapters are attached to the guest without using theNOQIOASSISTparameter in the device definition statement.
This can be done by specifying the NOQIOASSIST parameter in the device definition statement or when attaching the adapter to the guest. It is not sufficient to set QIOASSIST=OFF for the guest or host
system by issuing the SET QIOASSIST OFF command.
Note that enabling this workaround will increase CPU consumption in the host system.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3747810
- Creation Date: 07-Dec-2007
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com