How to enable AHCI support after install
This document (3744228) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
In case something goes wrong, please have the rescue CD (CD 1 or the DVD) for the appropriate service pack that you are using.
- Open /etc/sysconfig/kernel for editing
- Locate the line below starting with:INITRD_MODULES="..."
- Add the ahci module name within the quotes.Be careful where
the module goes within the quotes. Place the AHCI driver before the
ATA drvier, since you want it to load first.
INITRD_MODULES="processor thermal ahci ata_piix fan jbd ext3 edd"
- Save and close the file
- Remake the kernel image.mkinitrd
Novell Support TID 3111917: How to add kernel modules to the initrd to boot
Novell Support TID 386492: Troubleshooting common boot problems
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3744228
- Creation Date: 07-Jan-2008
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org