Unable to install a custom package via AutoYaST
This document (3587428) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1
On the client the following error message occurs in the /var/log/YaST/y2log file:
As the media are already released, there is no way to fix this directly.
As a workaround, use the following procedure to create the addon media:
- Suppose the source resides in myInstallSource, create
the addon repository by using:create_update_source.sh myInstallSource
- Copy the ksh rpm package from the SP1 media and your custom packages into the addon repository. The path is myInstallSource/updates/suse/$ARCH, where $ARCH is the architecture.
- Change the directory:cd myInstallSource/updates/suse
- Edit the file setup/descr/EXTRA_PROV: at the end of the file, append the
following extra line:ksh: /bin/ksh
- Perform the following commands:create_package_descr -x setup/descr/EXTRA_PROV
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3587428
- Creation Date: 15-Nov-2007
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com