DASD mapping within installed system does match mapping from installation
This document (3288504) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
If installing a system with a fixed list of more than 26 DASDs, the order of the DASDs changes after installation, causing filesystem mounts to fail on the first boot.
- Specify less than 26 DASDs and add the other DASDs later to the installed system
- Mount devices by volume label (/dev/disk/by-name/VOLUME), UUID (/dev/disk/by-uuid/UUID) or other persistent device name (e.g.,/dev/disk/by-path/ccw-CCW-part#)
- Define the boot device as dasda and use LVM on all other partitions
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3288504
- Creation Date: 20-Feb-2007
- Modified Date:04-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com