Upgrading to Subscription Management Tool 10 SP3
This document (7005364) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Subscription Management Tool for SUSE Linux Enterprise 1.0 SP3
Enterprise (SMT) must be upgraded to SLES 10 SP3.
Novell has released a SLES 10 SP3 version of SMT for this server platform.
The following two upgrade scenarios are supported by Novell :
- SLES 10 SP2 and SMT 1.0 installed
- SLES 10 SP3 and SMT 1.0 installed
Make the image available to the SMT server(s) - e.g. by publishing it via a SLES-based installation server.
Scenario 1 - SLES 10 SP2 and SMT 1.0 installed
Upgrade by booting the SLES 10 SP3 installation medium.
- Boot from the SLES 10 SP3 installation medium
- Select Language and accept the License Agreement
- In the Installation Mode dialog, Select Upgrade and check 'Include Add-on products'
- Select the partition or system to update
- Add the SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-SMT-SP3 medium in the Add-On Product Media dialog and accept the License Agreement.
- Proceed with the upgrade and perform the online update at the end of the installation workflow.
- Identify the service number representing the repository by
# rug slBy reading the URI field, make sure you do not mix the ID of the SP3 version of SMT with the original one.
- Delete the service :
# rug sd <service-number>
- Verify that you only have the expected installation sources
# rug sl
Upgrade by replacing the SMT product with the new version.
- Apply the available updates and reboot server if notified to do
# rug up -y
- Add the SMT 10 SP3 installation source :
# rug sa <SMT10SP3-installation-source> -t zypp SMT10SP3
# rug sa http://instserver/sle/smt10sp3/CD1 -t zypp SMT10SP3
- Subscribe to the catalog provided :
# rug sub SMT10SP3
- Refresh the services :
# rug ref
- Upgrade the SMT product from SLE_10_SP2_SMT to SLE_10_SP3_SMT :
# rug in -t product SLE_10_SP3_SMT
- Re-register the system either with either
# suse_register -a email=<your-mail-address> -a regcode-sles=<your-reg-code>or
Novell Customer Center Configuration module in YaST (yast2 inst_suse_register)
- Remove the old SMT installation source in the YaST Installation Source module (yast2 inst_source).
- Apply the current updates (for SMT) :
# rug up -y
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7005364
- Creation Date:19-FEB-10
- Modified Date:08-NOV-12
- SUSESubscription Management ToolSUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback