DescriptionThe HTTP Digest Access Authentication implementation in Apache Tomcat 5.5.x before 5.5.36, 6.x before 6.0.36, and 7.x before 7.0.30 does not properly check for stale nonce values in conjunction with enforcement of proper credentials, which makes it easier for remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions by sniffing the network for valid requests.
Overall state of this security issue: Resolved
This issue is currently rated as having moderate severity.
|National Vulnerability Database|
SUSE Security Advisories:
- SUSE-SU-2013:0226-1, published Fri Feb 1 09:04:21 MST 2013
- SUSE-SU-2013:0228-1, published Fri Feb 1 10:04:28 MST 2013
- openSUSE-SU-2012:1700-1, published Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:08:34 +0100 (CET)
- openSUSE-SU-2012:1701-1, published Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:09:46 +0100 (CET)
- openSUSE-SU-2013:0147-1, published Wed, 23 Jan 2013 14:05:42 +0100 (CET)
List of released packages
|Product(s)||Fixed package version(s)||References|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 |
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 11 SP2
| ||Patchnames: |
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3|| ||Patchnames: |
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 GA tomcat6-6.0.18-188.8.131.52
|SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4|| ||Patchnames: |
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 GA tomcat6-6.0.41-0.43.1
Status of this issue by product and package
Please note that this evaluation state might be work in progress, incomplete or outdated. Also information for service packs in the LTSS phase is only included for issues meeting the LTSS criteria. If in doubt, feel free to contact us for clarification.