Security update for the Linux Kernel (Live Patch 21 for SLE 12 SP1)
An update that solves one vulnerability and has one errata is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.74-60_64_60 fixes several issues.
The following security issue was fixed:
- CVE-2018-3665: System software utilizing Lazy FP state restore technique
on systems using Intel Core-based microprocessors may potentially have
allowed a local process to infer data from another process via a
speculative execution side channel (bsc#1090338, bsc#1096740).
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2018-1442=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2018-1442=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 (x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS (x86_64):